Monday, January 19, 2009

Wisconsin


In July of 2008 I was invited to Door County to participate in the Plein Air Festival to benefit Peninsula Art School. It was a wonderful week of painting for me. Most artists were graciously hosted locally... which gave us nothing to do but paint and attend gala evening openings at the school's gallery. It is hard work, but someone's got to do it and I feel that the effort and total focus paid off in the quality and quantity of work I was able to do in one short week. Weather was delightful and the subject matter for me ran from Lake Michigan to glorious flower gardens in full bloom to agricultural lands and old farm buildings. Sales were rewarding and I got to spend the week with Midwesterners - I value manners, reticence & warmth.

This is Nita's Garden painted on the main street of Bailey's Harbor about 7am. SOLD

No comments: